Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Aleigha profiled in this week's Mission newsletter (fun read!)

This week, when we received the weekly Mission newsletter, I saw that Aleigha was profiled in it. Here's the write-up:


So not being a Spanish speaker, the first thing I did when I saw this was throw it into Google Translate. As you can see, Google does an AWESOME job translating from Spanish to English:

"Sister Rand, currently is 19 years old and comes from Tucson, Arizona , USA . It is the sixth sister of a family of seven children, food favorite is the Hawaiian food, and cookies. The film is most liked The Lord of the Rings. He says that before the mission his hobby preferred it was to leave married boars, but now enjoys much more preach the gospel. Rand sister had the opportunity to study for a year at BYU , Provo . He wants to finish its mission she can finish her studies , specializing in physical therapy , exercise science study . Share one of your favorite scriptures; D&C 68 :6, which says , 'Be of good cheer, and do not fear , for I the Lord am with you and I will defend ; and ye shall testify of me , even Jesus Christ , I am the Son of God living; I was, I am and I have come.'"

I won't lie, I was kind of concerned that her hobby was to 'leave married boars', so I dug into this a bit. I assumed she meant something along the lines of 'hunt javelina' and sure enough, the Spanish word for 'hunt' is 'cazar', but she wrote 'casar', which means 'marry' lol. Mystery solved.

She told us today that she didn't write this, she just told it to an elder over the phone, but whatever. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment