Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Hola hola hola!!

Hola familia!! 

How the heck are you all?? Well first of all, let me apologize because I don't have any pictures this week... but its not my fault! Haha {She later forwarded a few pix from her comp, one of which I included below.}

Um we went to a park this p-day and we tried to fly kites but literally none of us know how to fly them and there wasn't very much wind so the closest we got to actually flying them was when one elder started running around with it and it got kind of high in the sky. But then it got stuck in a tree. Hahahaha. But ummmm yeah so that is why there are no pictures this week... 

But anyways! First week leading the sector was good, turns out I have enough Spanish to function! Wooohoo! And my comp is super cute, she's from Argentina and she's had all gringo comps before so she is good at speaking really clearly and is patient when I don't understand her.

Oh also we had the weirdest lesson I have had since Ive been here! It was with this guy who we met when we were knocking on doors and when we got to his house he asked us what we wanted to talk about and Hermana said stuff like, oh what we believe in, you know, why we're mormons and stuff. And he starts talking about how we're mormons because the angel Moroni appeared to Joseph Smith and Joseph Smith was translating the Book of Mormon with his wife and there were these two pueblos the Lamanites and Nephites and they had a bunch of wars and one of them won but he doesn't remember which. Stuff like that and it was THE WEIRDEST THING I swear, we were like ummmm yeah how do you know all of this are you a member pretending to be an investigator? At one point his brother came home and was like ¨who are they¨ and he goes ¨messengers sent from Moroni¨ and we were like eheh um yeah okay. But really it was super weird.

Also, this Sunday was Chilean independence day so nobody was in their house and we went around to literally every house I could think of but the only people who received us was this cute little old couple who are recent converts to the church and the family Guzman who always help the missionaries. But it was cool because both of the families gave us empanadas and other food.

Anyways, that is about it for this week, I hope everyone is doing well! I love you!

Hermana Rand

No comments:

Post a Comment