Monday, February 6, 2017

I got to destroy a house [2/1/2017 email]

Hello!! 

Soooo this week we had service in a house in another sector with like 10-15 other missionaries and it was the most fun service of my life. We were there to help this person like, redo their house I think, so we got to like, rip out baseboards and tear out the tile walls in a bathroom and put in cement and oh my goodness it was so much fun. 

Also, this week I learned what it is like to teach with an elder as a companion haha. Yeah, during the service, there was the mom of the guy who's house we were redoing and we were talking and she called over the elder of the ward that we were in to ask how her son knew the missionaries and then he started talking about what we do as missionaries cuz she isn't a member and started teaching her and I was there too (my comp was in the same room, just sitting in a different spot) and I couldn't just sit there while he taught everything so we ended up teaching together. Haha at one point he said, "and I want to testify of the words of... my amiga, Hermana Rand" and it was like ahah you almost said compañera awkward. So that was cool.

And tomorrow we are going to have zone conference and the son of Elder Packer is going to come and talk to us so that should be super cool.

But anyways, that is about it for this week, I hope you all have a lovely week!

Hermana Rand

No comments:

Post a Comment