Friday, February 17, 2017

Old people are cute [2/8/2017 email]

Hello hello! 

Lets see, this week we were able to go to the temple because Juan and Marcela, an old people couple that I knew in Departamental who were baptized like a year and a half ago went to get SEALED! I actually went with Hermana Despain, we were able to do divisions because she knew them from her time in Departamental and it was actually one of the best things I have ever seen in my life, seeing them get sealed.


And lets see, what else. Oh! Yeah so the elders had a baptism this Sunday, and so we invited our investigator and her mom to come to this kids baptism. And a little before the baptism, we went to our investigators house so we could walk with them to the chapel. Turns out, they walk really really slow (its a mom and her like 10 year old daughter). And so we were like, "Hmm, we've got two bicycles. Here, my comp and I will ride on this one bike and you guys on this other one." And so we start moving, my comp riding behind, like over the back wheel right? Yeah and everything is fine and dandy until we get to one of the little speed bumps that they put all over here and I tried to ride over it but turns out when you've got a person on the back of your bike, the weight is different. And basically my bike like lifted up like when a horse gets mad and rears up and we both fell off and it was hilarious, that was the first time I fell on my bike and it was with my comp.

Also did you guys know that the south of Chile is all on fire? Yep, so everyone is trying to gather clothes and food to send to the people there. But anyways, that is about all I have to say this week, hope you all have a lovely week!

Hermana Rand 

No comments:

Post a Comment