Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Gotta whistle while youre working [3/29/2017 email]

SOOO this week was super good, I love having Hermana Borja as my companion. We are working super hard and I just love working with her. This week we were able to teach a lady who we contacted like a week or two back, and it was super cool being able to talk to her, we were both pretty nervous because it was our first lesson with her but we started talking to her about her life and she shared with us how her baby girl really was like a little gift from God and for a while she had felt like God had abandoned her until her baby was born and then she was able to realize that He was there and have a desire to have God in her life again.

And also, my comp was kind of struggling this week with physical pain from the bicycles and from being kind of discouraged and she told me one day that she wasn't sure if she wanted to continue with the mission and i was literally like oh no how do I help her, so I pulled out her mission call and we read again where it says "Sister Rand and Sister Borja, you have hereby been called to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. You are hereby called to serve in the Chile Santiago South Mission." And it was really cool to remember the moment that I opened up that call, I remember holding that call before I opened it and Kendric (my brother) took it and told me "ooooh its pretty thick, youre going foreign" and then opening it up and not knowing where in the world Chile was, remembering that moment helped us both to remember why we are here and who we are representing. And after that, we were able to go to work again, with that purpose fresh in our minds.

So that is what happened this week, also is everyone so excited for General Conference?? Because I am. Also apparently april fools day isnt a thing here but Im going to make it a thing.

Okay, hope you all have a lovely week!

Hermana Rand

No comments:

Post a Comment