Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Goodbye Quimey, Hello San Beka

Hello hello! 


So yesterday we had cambios, and now I am in San Bernardo ward in a trio! [The three of them are now the sister training leaders for their sector.] My companions are Hermanas Johnston and De Carvalho, from Philadelphia and Brasil. Its super weird this change because now I don't have a bike and the sector is TINY, whereas in Quimey it was gigantic. But its good, its always weird getting used to new comps and areas.

But yeah so this week was full of us saying goodbye to people which is literally the worst, especially saying goodbye to Benjamin and Jocelyn. But the good thing is he is going to baptized in a few weeks so I will be able to return and attend the baptism.

So not too much has happened other than that, yesterday we taught a few Haitianos with the Elder from the marriage couple of missionaries who speaks a bit of french and it was the weirdest mixture of languages, spanish, english and french. But it was actually super cool because they were able to understand the priesthood and everything. 

But anyways, I will let you all know next week how it goes teaching in a trio! "I testify that the words of my... my two companions are true." haha.

Okay have a lovely week!

Hermana Rand




1 comment:

  1. Hola Hma Rand!

    You probably don't remember me, but our youngest son is Andrew Horton. I lived in Vail until I moved to Prescott, AZ about 18 months ago.

    I was a full time missionary in Chile between 1968 & 1970. I served in the San Bernardo Branch when there were only about 50 active members. You are probably walking the same streets that my companion and I did! Our son David also served his mission in Chile. He began in the Santiago South Mission and after about one year, he was transferred to the new Santiago West Mission(around 1998). I still love Chile very much, but I've never been able to go back. Please tell me how large the ward is now and how the work is going. I'd love to know! My email address is: ghorton47@gmail.com.

    Chauito Hermana!
    Gary H Horton

    ReplyDelete